Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Karen!

Karen's birthday was on Septembe 1. Jenny and I decided to take her out to dinner to celebrate the big day. We headed to Red Robin for a fabulous dinner and some good fun. This story may not seem funny when read, but writing it reminds me of the whole night and it was pretty humorous, so it's probably mostly for my enjoyment!

It was kinda funny...we had this waiter that was super cute. He was just fun to joke around with. Karen kept giving him crap about a bunch of things. He kept coming back to our table and would say "I don't really have anything to talk about, I just wanted to come over and say hi." It was pretty entertaining for all of us.

Since it was her birthday she said she wanted to keep the super-awesome glass that her drink came in. Ok, so it wasn't super-awesome and I don't really think she wanted it but in true Karen fashion, she kept it up...it was hilarious. So, there was a huge table next to us and they needed one more table (our table). Our waiter came over and asked if we minded moving down so they could have the table. Karen told them she'd do it only if she got to keep the cup...all a joke of course. Well, I don't think they thought she was kidding because about two minutes later, the manager came over with a gift wrapped (in grocery sacks) Red Robin glass.

Anyway, we all had a great time and laughed a lot with each other and the Red Robin employees. Good times. Happy Birthday, Karen!

Jenny & Karen

Me and Karen with her new present.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a lucky girl! Her own Red Robin glass? You didn't tell me about that! I think it's a little cheesy but you know if I had one I'd use it daily I bet. I wish I would have gone...next time?